A dental checkup is important for ensuring good oral health is maintained. However, many people neglect to go in for a dental checkup due to dental anxiety.Without a dental checkup, an oral health concern may go unnoticed and untreated. In this case, the patient may need an invasive and expensive dental procedure.By fully understanding what…
Good Oral Health Checklist
Good oral health starts when you practice consistency. If you don’t brush your teeth and floss twice a day, then you are bound to suffer from cavities. In this article we will go over an oral health checklist, this way, you can determine if you are missing any steps when it comes to properly take care of your teeth, gums, and jaw.
- Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day.
- Floss twice a day.
- Schedule your dentist appointments regularly, twice a year—ensure your dentist provides you with x-rays at least once a year.
- If you have any pain whatsoever in your teeth, gums, or jaw, get it checked out. It is best to catch issues early on rather than later.
- Try to avoid too much sugar.
- Consider investing in an electric toothbrush as this brushes your teeth in circular motions and provides the right type of pressure—invest in your smile.
- If your teeth are crooked or gapped, then it is wise to talk to your dentist who will refer you to an orthodontist who can solve these issues for you.
- If you don’t solve the problem of having crooked teeth than food particles could get stuck, which can then lead to bacteria build-up.
- Try to avoid acidic food, as this could eat away the enamel from your teeth.
- You need to eat a well-balanced diet with lean meats, vegetables, and fruits; this will nourish your oral health.
- Getting enough sleep will allow you to optimize your oral health.
- Stay away from drinking too much alcohol; otherwise, your oral health will diminish—drinking in excess can cause various types of oral cancers.
- You also need to stay away from drinking too much coffee and tea; this will stain your teeth.
- Begin to critique your teeth, if you see a problem, ask your dentist to take a look at it, or else you may surprise yourself and cause yourself more harm if you don’t solve specific problem areas early on.
- If you see a dark spot on your tooth, you can add fluoride; you may be able to provide your tooth with remineralization by utilizing this process.
- Do not use too much fluoride; otherwise, this could cause your teeth to develop unsightly spots.
- If you have a dry mouth, tell your dentist, and drink more water.
- If a medical condition causes you to have a dry mouth or irritation, a qualified dentist will be able to prescribe or recommend an appropriate mouthwash or mouth spray, which will be able to minimize your symptoms.
- If you wore braces or Invisalign in the past, you need to wear your retainer every night consistently, if you don’t, your teeth could shift, and your investment will be wasted—causing you pain in your teeth and jaw.
As you can see, there are many guidelines you should follow when it comes to taking care of your oral health. Take heed to the checklist above and your oral hygiene should be in great shape. Do not hesitate to reach out to our office with any questions or concerns.
Request an appointment in our Highlands Ranch dentist office here: https://www.twissdental.com.
While most understand the importance of a dentist appointment, too many people put off seeing the dentist.It is essential to schedule routine or emergency dental appointments to ensure proper oral health. They help you determine whether any health concerns are present that need treatment.By scheduling a dentist appointment on a regular basis, you can avoid…
The Dentist in Highlands Ranch conducts many different oral examinations as an area of preventative dental care. The dental examination allows the dentist to discover slight changes or possible issues with your teeth and gums. In some cases, an x-ray may be used for help in diagnosing of issues that may otherwise not be visible…
Dental issues are never pleasant, but the good news is that your general dentist in Highlands Ranch can treat them and provide relief. To prevent dental problems, dental experts advise patients to brush twice daily, floss regularly and book regular dental checkups. However, if dental issues occur, patients must schedule an appointment with a dentist…